Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday, Monday


There is something about an ice cold, tall, sweating glass filled with crystal clear ice cubes on a hot summer day - in this case a cider spritzer.  Ahhh... so refreshing. 

From my trip to the grocery store for just some cucumbers and soy milk, I brought back seven cases of Revlon eyeshadow.  Everything 'Revlon' was $3 off.  Who knew the place to shop for make-up can be your grocery store at the corner. 

I ended up buying four single matte eyeshadows in (from left) 'venetian blue,' 'riviera blue,' 'pink innocence',  and 'aubergine' - each for a mere $0.98!!  And they are absolutely great; I love the rich texture of them.  They feel a bit creamy when you swipe them, but they are a powder.  I LOVE the 'riviera blue'!  So gorgeous.  I'm all about the blues, turquoises and aquas at the moment.  Then again, I seem to be every summer.

But, my friends, that's not all.  I got another three eyeshadow quads - the Colorstay 12 Hour ones - in (from left) 'copper spice', 'neutral khakies', and 'azure mist', which looks really lovely applied.  As the name implies, the colors in this quad are blue-ish, gray-ish, and they are sheer enough, though buildable, that they give a nice punch of color without ending up looking painted.  Each of those shadow quads ended up just $2.00 each. 

I felt like a kid in a candystore, and I would have bought more, but this teenager came standing next to me and was watching me as I was diggin throught the baskets of goodies.  For some reason I started to feel greedy and left it at that. 

But I wasn't about to leave the cosmetics department without a nail polish.  Like I said, I am all about the blues, so guess which color I grabbed.... 

Sally Hansen, Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - #04 Blue Me Away.  The screen doesn't really catch the color, but it's close enough.  It's a bit the color of Superman's outfit.  And it looks great on feet with my swimsuits....



Next to the Bed:
The Broken Window: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel








No comments: