Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bollywood's Got Me Moving


There's no way to sugar-coat it: my butt has gained in, shall we say, roundness. (ok, so I did sugar-coat it a little bit)  So I have been procrastinating picking up a workout routine again.  Sure, I am doing my laps and egg-beaters in the pool, but other than that.... My excuse reason is that it is just too hot and humid outside. 

Hemalaya Behl: Yoga for Urban LivingThis morning, though, I turn on my tv as I am sipping my soy coffee, and there she is: Hemalayaa.  She is at the beginning of a 30 minute (including commercial breaks) 'Bollywood Dance Workout' on fitTV.  Her face looked immediately familiar; I have had a yoga DVD of hers - 'Urban something' for a few years, and it's one of my favorites.  So my interest was piqued. 

The music was inspiring.  So I put down my cuppa coffee and started to move along.  Before I knew it, I was dancing around in my living room in my payamas, waving my arms, having fun.  Whew! 

Ignorant me thought 'oh, she has another gig now on Exercise TV - good for her!'  Turns out there's a good dozen of workout DVDs out there by her.  Hmm... I think I am going to get me one.  I still have a balance at amazon from a gift card.  I LOOOVE me some gift cards! 


No comments: