Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Like Ice in the Sunshine ♪ I'm Melting Away ♫ On this Sunny Day....


Anybody remember that tune?  Probably not because it's a) from the 80s and b) used to be played in movie theaters in Europe, Germany, if I remember correctly.  Those were the times, when you'd go to the theater and sometime towards the end of all the commercials and 'comming attractions' they would play this song and video and then the ice man would come into the theater with a tray of the German or whatever version of Good Humor ice cream for people to buy.  I don't know why, but I always looked forward to the ice man coming.  It's just so retro and nostalgic. 

Anyways.  It is SO hot in Texas today!  Mother of a Son!  I think it's *only* around 110ºF - not at all unusual for an August in Texas - but it feels much, much hotter and it hasn't been as hot here in a while.  Somehow this year the weather has been weird and rather unusual.  But, oy, don't get me started on that whole Global Warming thing, or rather on those nay-sayers. 

Which reminds me of yesterday's episode of True Blood, where Russell is taking over the news desk with his rant

My favorite part, I have to say, is the very end:  "Now time for the weather. Tiffany?!"  and the smug look over the shoulder.  Love it. 
Is it me or is this show getting better and better.  I am addicted to this show.  Guess we all have our guilty pleasures, huh?

I finished this:
The Broken Window: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel
Quite the page-turner.  I don't know why I had never read anything by Jeffrey Deaver.  I quite like the character of Lincoln Rhymes.  I will definitely read another Deaver.  Perfect pool-side and lazy summer evening entertainment. 

I learned from a brief interview with him that Mr Deaver has been a corporate lawyer in his previous life, which is probably why I can relate to his way of thinking and writing; I have been working in corporate law myself in a previous life.

Okay, now I need some more ice cream.  Because I am kinda melting away here.  You know, on this sunny day...

No comments: