Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lazy Days and a Nomination

My Mom is here to visit for four weeks.  Yay!  I haven't seen her in almost two years - she lives abroad.  After a week-long of cleaning (you know, it can't be too clean when your Mum's visiting, am I right?) I/we have spent the last week lounging lazily at the pool and reading.  Finally it is not as unbearably hot here anymore, but still hot enough for this pasty gal! 

So, there hasn't been much new lately.  Just a whole lot of eating, sleeping and shopping! 
My Mum brought me an old Burda magazine from 1974.  What a treasure!  I LOVE it!  I will make pictures in the near future and share. 

Vogue Knitting Shawls & WrapsAnd I started knitting a wrap (pictures to follow) which I think I will let my Mums finish so I can start knitting this fab lace scarf I saw in Vogue Knitting's Shawls and Wraps, which has a lot of lovely patterns.  All I need is to decide which color to knit it in.  Decisions, decisions... 
My fingers have been itching to knit ever since the annual DRT (see badges on right) started again this year.  I sure hope my team will do better this year than last year's team.  Somebody did not pass on the box and did not answer any emails.  Meh!  I mean, if you're not up to it or don't have the time or whatever it is, don't sign up.  I don't mean to be rude, but your teammates are making the effort...  Argh.  I mean, just saying...!

In other news:  I have been nominated a candidate for a HubNugget!  Woohoo!    You can vote for my hub "The Hub No One Will Ever Read - or How Research..." here if you're so inclined.  That would be just lovely!  I think voting ends on Wednesday.
It makes me so proud and I feel honored to be nominated. 

But for now, I am back to eating, sleeping, and shopping. 
Later!


    In The Ears:
Greatest
Yup, I admit it:  I was around
when Simon LeBon was hot
the first time around.  And I am
not ashamed to say that I love me
some "Her Name is Rio" on a hot
day on the pool.  Basta!
Next To The Bed:      
The Cold Moon: A Lincoln Rhyme Novel (Lincoln Rhyme Novels)
Lincoln Rhyme is my
current favorite!







1 comment:

Kärt said...

Hi! You left a comment to my blog about the gloves I knitted. Thank you! You made me thinking that maybe I should write down that pattern. Right now I'm working on second pair that I'm knitting the same way. Would you be interested in being a test knitter if I write it down (that would be my first written pattern)?